Kypsyttäminen kasveilla

Akvaarioiden ja kalojen hoito, ongelmat, sairaudet jne.

Valvoja: Moderaattorit

Alueen säännöt
Ennen kuin esität kysymyksesi, huolehdi, että ainakin osa seuraavista tiedoista ovat viestissäsi:
  1. akvaarion tilavuus ja mitat
  2. Valaistus (millaiset putket, esim. 58W Philips 86)
  3. Suodatus (suodattimien merkit ja mallit)
  4. Akvaarion hoito (vedenvaihdot, ruokinta, kasvilannoiteet yms.)
  5. Akvaarion asukit (kalat + muut eliöt)
  6. Vesiarvot (pH, GH, KH, NO2-, NO3-, lämpötila)
  7. Mikä on ongelma ja miten se esiintyy? Täysi kertomus kalan/kasvien oireista
  8. Milloin huomasit ongelman, onko jatkunut jo kauan? Onko ollut jotain muita ongelmia?

Ilmoittamalla ainakin osan em. tiedoista heti ensimäisessä viestissä, varmistat että muilla on helppo työ vastata viestiin ja näin ratkaista mahdolliset ongelmat. Kiitos!
Vastaa Viestiin
lilo

Kypsyttäminen kasveilla

Viesti Kirjoittaja lilo »

Löysin tällaisen jutun:

Thought I would pass on some tips and info with regards to plants and the effects they have on your fish and the tank cycle and general health.

I have been doing alot of research on plants due to the large numbers I have in my tank, and I have come across some great info I would liek to pass on and also some great first hand experience with these uses and practices through setting up the 40 gallon tank 2-3 weeks ago now.

Now most of us know that plants are a great addition for appearance along and that they provide oxygen for fish as well.

But they do alot more than just this, they can dramatically cut down the cycling time of your tank allowing you to have fish quicker and safer than by the use of the so called cycling products resulting in less deaths and happier fish and less worry on yourself.

As a first hand example when I setup our 40 gal tank it was immediatly stocked with plants and setup, with tap water with water conditioner added of course to remove the chlorine/chloramine. It ran for a day before fish were added. Now I didnt take any media from the existing 20 gal tank as I thought I was going too.

The next day I loaded the tank up with fish, now granted I am no where near to capacity approximatly 22 fish.

Now 4 days into the setup I begin normal testing for ammonia and also began testing for nitrite and nitrates, now normally nitrite and nitrate are not present at this time but it seems they were.

The levels at this time were quite low and I had expected too see some elevated levels but 4 days in the amminia was .25ppm and the nitrite was also .25ppm and all the fish were quite content playing in the plants with no signs of stress.

4 days later after retesting the ammonia was 0 ppm and the nitrite was 1.5 ppm, though a little on the high side the fish still were showing no distress, but following the rules a water change was performed approx 10%.

Another 4 days past ( 12th-13th day ) ammonia was still 0 and now the nitrite has also reach 0 with the nitrates now showing at 5 ppm ( im shooting for nitrates in the 10ppm-15ppm range for the plants )

In this short time of 2 weeks all fish have survived if not thrived int here enviroment as well the cycle time has been shortend dramatically.

Now the keys to this are to make sure you have enough plants, the more plants you have the better they absorb ammonia, which is key in all this, plants will readily take the ammonium and use it for growth, thus keeping them low enough to allow the cycle to go through but on a smaller scale making plants part of your biological filtration and chemical filtration as I am not using any carbon in my cannister filter as the carbon can strip nutrients out of the water that the plants need. Keeping the water crystal clear I use a polywool in its place with the standard foam bio max and pre filter.

Now there are better plants and specific plants that will use more ammonia/ammonium than other plants, mostly the faster growing plants.

Now this is an account of what I went through now its on to the science here are links for a few sites.

The first site is filled with information and studies and is of huge help.

http://www.aquabotanic.com/plants_a..._filtration.htm

http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua/art_plant_newtank.htm

http://www.fishtanksandponds.com/pl...lanted_tank.htm

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mikäli oikein käsitin, niin nitriittia ja nitraattia alkoi esiintyä jo 4:ntenä
päivänä ja 12 päivänä nitriitti oli jo nollilla.
Olisi kiva kuulla mielipiteitänne tästä.
Ilman mainoksia olisimme onnellisia tietämättä miksi. (Lapsen kouluaineesta poimittu)
111na
Elite Member
Elite Member

Viesti Kirjoittaja 111na »

Hmm.. mikäs siinä, runsas kasvisto ottaa osansa ammoniumista ja tuo jo lehdillään heti toimivia typpibakteereita akvaarioon. [;)]

Kuitenkin nousi aika 'kivaksi' tuo nitriitti.
Vastaa Viestiin

Palaa sivulle “Hoito, ongelmat ja kalataudit”